Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Perkins
- Model: Sabre
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 135hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Bronze, Folding
- Year: 2003
- Engine Hours: 3500
1035 Riverside Drive
Palmetto, Florida, US, 34221
A Very Lucky Boat!!
Some boats end up rotting in marinas, never sailed, barely maintained and not ready to sail across the bay, let alone around the world. A few very fortunate boats are maintained and upgraded and actually get to sail to the islands or at least around the buoys once a month.
"Jancris" is a boat that is rare among the millions of boats in the world. She was lucky enough to be purchased by Alfredo Giancon, an Italian journalist who outfitted her with the best possible equipment in 1993 and set out to sail around the world. He, his wife Nicoletta and "Jancris" successfully rounded the world and then did it again in 1998-2000 in the Millennium Odyssey around the world race, finishing 3rd after 25,000 miles at sea over 18 months. Also in the mix was a trip to the Arctic to study the effects of Global Warming, and a very slow and careful trip around the Mediterranean during which time he wrote his book "The Magic of Turkey"
"Jancris" has been sailed and upgraded almost continuously since 1993. She truly is beautiful inside and out. She has an amazing full width aft salon, 2 double staterooms, 4 single berths and 2 heads. She also has a working galley, plenty of storage and is all done with beautiful wood work and upholstery. She is decorated with plaques and awards from her many ports of call around the world. She also has ORIGINAL pen and ink drawings of actual sailing ships from the 1700's.
Come see this amazing boat. You won't be disappointed.
Owners Website Link: http://www.alfredogiacon.com/eng/default.asp
Life on Janus is centered around the huge center cockpit and aft salon.
As you come down the companionway, you will see the well appointed navigation station to starboard. A quick right turn will put you in the galley which runs down the outboard star board side. It sports double stainless sinks with a drain board, a beautiful 3 burner propane stove and oven and plenty of counter space and storage.
One step aft puts you in the FULL WIDTH aft salon. In the salon just aft of the galley is the stacked 3 door Dometic refrigeration system. The Salon is adorned with plaques and awards "Jancris" has earned from ports and countries all over the world. There is even a broken top of a 3000 year old Amphora jar Alfredo found in the Mediterranean that goes with the boat. In the port forward corner of the salon is a door to a very handy work room complete with a bench and vise and the generator controls. This was a converted head.
Aft in the Salon is a small door that opens to a large steerage cabin that has 2 single berths perfect for grand kids or extra crew. This space is accessible from the deck and is also a great storage room.
From the companionway forward to port is the master stateroom with a queen bed and a separate head and vanity, complete with a separate shower. Moving forward on the port side is a large private guest stateroom with a full sized double berth. Just across the hallway to port is the forward head complete with a very nice vanity, Lavac Toilet and shower. All the way forward is a stateroom with 2 stacked single berths on the portside of the cabin. All total you could sleep 8 people in their own beds on Jancris.
- Dometic Refrigeration with 2 compartments
- Tek Himpex Stainless Galley Stove
- Washing Machine!
- Full Sized Double Stainless Sinks with a Stainless drain board
- Lavac Manual Toilet in Forward Head
- Sea Land Electric Head in Master Stateroom head
- Original 17th Century pen and ink drawings
- 3000+ year old amphora jar top recovered in the Mediterranean
- Full Width Aft Salon with Leather Upholstery Teak Table
- Work Room/Equipment Room off of aft Salon complete with bench and vice
- Beautiful Teak and Holly Cabin Sole
- Excellent Teak Joinery through out
- Perfect Lay out for Long Distance cruising!
- Simrad AP 22 Auto Pilot with New Hydraulic Pump
- Ray Marine RL 70 Radar
- VDO Wind Speed and Direction
- Ray Marine ST60 Depth and Log
- Garmin 162 Chart Plotter
- 6" Plastismo Compass at Helm
- NASA Marine Navtex Pro-Plus Weather Router
- Kenwood TS-50 Single Side Band
- Kenwood AT-50 Automatic Tuner
- Dual Stereo with Speakers
- GenTec 5KW Sound Insulated Generator with 145 Hours
- NEW in 2017 MasterVolt 24 V Charger w automatic voltage recognition
- (2) 24V 120 Amp Solar Panels
- Steca Solar Controller
- AirWind Wind Generator
- LED Lighting
- STAB Inverter
- Spotless 135HP Perkins Sabre Diesel w/ 3500 hrs
- 3 Blade "J" Prop folding propeller
- Skeg Rudder
- Selmar Water Maker
- Webasto 90 Stainless Heating System
- Lavac and Sea Land Toilets
- Candy brand, Washing Machine
- Dometic Refrigeration System
- Deck Stepped Nirvas Swiss Masts
- Swiss Standing Rigging Manufacturer Guaranteed For Life!!
- Massive Stainless Chain Plates
- Fully Battened Main Sail
- New 135% Genoa
- Furlex Roller Furling
- Yankee Cut Stay's'
- Battened Mizzen
- Whisker Pole
- 4 Speed Coffee Grinder Winch for Genoa and Spinnaker
- 2 Lewmar #48 Self Tailing Primarys
- 2 Lewmar #30 Stay'sl and Halyard Winches
- 1 Antal #302
- 1 Lewmar # 4
- Antal Stainless Steel Genoa Tracks and Blocks
- New Stainless Steel Antal Turning Blocks
- Excellent Running Rigging.
- Hard Dodger
- Well Protected Safe Helm
- Teak Cockpit Grates
- Beautiful Teak Aft Deck and Cabin Top installed 2004
- Teak Sun Deck Behind the Cockpit
- Stainless Steel Davits
- Custom Rail Seating on the Transom
- Custom Transom Steps with LED lighting
- Sunbrella Bimini w/Full Enclosure
- Wally Yacht Flush Cleats new in 2006
- Custom Bow Anchor Roller w/ Short Bow Sprit for Genaker attachment
- Chromed Bronze Dorade Vents with Guards
- Lofrans Horizontal Windlass new in 2004
- 250' 3/8 Stainless Anchor Chain
- 66LB Bruce Anchor
- Custom Fisherman's All Stainless Anchor mounted on the Stern Rail
- 3.5 (11.8ft) Meter West Marine RIB
- 15HP 2 Stroke Yamaha Outboard
- Bow Pulpit
- Stern Pushpit
- SS Life Lines
- Solid Teak Rub Rails
- French Built by Construcions Nautiques du Sud-Quest (CNSI)
- Hull and Deck are Balsa Cored
- Barrier Coat applied 2005
- Fin Keel
- 22046 lbs of Lead Ballast
- 41.67% Ballast to Displacement Ratio
- Displacement to Length Ratio 239.38
- Hull is in perfect condition
Owner's personal items not listed here are not a part of the sale. Details of this vessel are offered in good faith but we cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. While efforts are made to keep this listing up to date, information provided at the time of listing is subject to change if the vessel is on the market for an extended time. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Brokers not licensed in Florida, contact us for details about co-brokerage.
SHOWINGS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.