1035 Riverside Drive
Palmetto, Florida, US, 34221
Tel:941-776-0616 or 941-704-4698
2003 Island Packet 485
ANOTHER HUGE PRICE REDUCTION - A SERIOUSLY GOOD DEAL!
VERY WELL EQUIPPED & MAINTAINED YACHT
EVERYTHING YOU COULD WANT IN A BLUE WATER CRUISING SAILBOAT!
The Journey is a nice example of Island Packet's popular 485 model. Her owners have reluctantly decided to put her on the market. The fact that she has been lovingly maintained is evident. She is also very well equipped. Onan 9KW Generator, Two Battery Chargers, New Batteries, New Solar Panels, Bowthruster, 3 A/C units, Radar/Chartplotter at Nav Station and at Helm, Wind, Speed, Depth, Autopilot, Watermaker, Washer/Dryer, Lighthouse Windlass, M802 SSB with Pactor III Modem,KVH3 Satellite TV Receiver, Globalstar Sat Phone, Upgraded Salon Cushions, New Dodger, Electric Winches, Sails replaced in 2011, and much more. She's a beautiful bluewater cruiser that will take you around the world in safety and comfort. Compare condition and equipment and you will see The Journey is an outstanding value!
DON'T BUY UNTIL YOU SEE THE JOURNEY
AT THIS UNHEARD OF LOW PRICE IT IS TRULY AN OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITY!
Engine 1 Specifications
Forward is a large stateroom with queen island berth and abundant storage with an assortment of lockers, cabinets, drawers and shelves. A door provides private access to the adjacent head to port. The forward head features a VacuFlush electric toilet, large separate shower stall and beautiful Corian vanity countertop with integrally molded sink. To starboard is the unique third cabin configured as an office/workshop. The owners have added some very nice teak book shelves. It also doubles as a laundry room with a convenient washer/dryer combo behind teak doors. The desktop can be converted to a double berth. Next aft is the roomy main salon with panoramic views through an array of large windows. To port and starboard are full length settees with the starboard settee convertible to a double berth. LED reading lights have been mounted at the aft end of each settee. The Island Packet's signature bulkhead-mounted dining table stows against the forward bulkhead is still available, whereas the owners have installed a teak foldable custom made table. The Journey has one additional removable snack table. Next aft to port is the very impressive navigation station featuring a high backed swivel armchair, large navigation desk with storage beneath, chart storage, brass clock & barometer, and a wet locker. This is a favorite spot for all sailors when underway. To port is the gourmet galley with Corian counter surfaces. The open galley layout provides ample room for two to work comfortably. The refrigerator and freezer are in separate adjacent compartments, each controlled by individual thermostats. There is a 3-burner LPG stove with oven. There is tons of galley storage in the form of cubbies, cabinets, drawers, and lockers. Next aft is another impressive stateroom with a queen-sized island berth and plenty of cabinets, lockers, drawers and shelves, as well as a dressing chair to starboard. The owners have added an attractive teak TV/DVD shelf. The private aft head is ensuite and features Corian countertops with integrally molded sink, VacuFlush electric toilet and roomy separate shower stall. The ergonomically designed cockpit features a dedicated bin designed to hold an 8-person valise-pack life raft. Aft of the cockpit is a large deck area that can be used for dinghy storage or as a sundeck. The owners have recently added a "Kato" Arch. The roomy swim platform features twin molded-in steps to the aft deck, a hot-cold shower and a telescoping swim ladder. There are 15 opening ports with screens, 6 deck hatches with Ocean Air screens/shades, and 4 stainless steel dorade style vents with screens.
- Peekaboo Shades on ALL ports & windows
The galley is safe undersail yet large enough for those special cooking projects when safely anchored or at the dock. The owners are leaving many extras on the boat.
- Adler Barbour Refrigerator/Freezer (NEW compressor 2014)
- Refrigerated drawer with separate compressor (2012)
- Microwave with S/S finish (NEW 2016)
- Force 10 3-burner propane stove and oven (extra tank in propane locker)
- Induction spare cooktop (NEW 2016)
- Corian countertops
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Pressure & manual fresh water
- GE water filter
- Teak dish racks, cutlery drawers & paper towel holder
- Built-in trash bin
- Abundant storage space
- Coffee maker
- Magic Chef Icemaker
- Complete set of dishes and stackable pots & pans
- Two new propane bottles (2016)
- Raymarine C120 Radar/Chartplotter/Fish Finder at helm with AIS Class B (2011)
- SR6 Sirius weather system (2011)
- Raymarine 4KW Radar (2011)
- Raymarine RL70C Pathfinder Plus Radar/Chart plotter at nav station (backup to above equipment)
- Raymarine ST 60 Tridata (speed, depth, log)
- Raymarine ST60 Wind
- Raymarine ST 6001 Autopilot with Whitlock Mamba drive
- Raynav RN300 GPS (at Nav table)
- Insulated Backstay
- KVH3 Satellite TV Receiver
- SCS Pactor III Modem (for offshore email & weather)
- Horizon Spectrum VHF w/RAM Mic at helm
- Horizon submersible handheld VHF w/recharge station at nav station
- ICOM HF Marine IC-M802 SSB with self tuning antenna
- Globalstar Sat Phone
- Various charts and cruising guides
- Stereo - Alpine CD Receiver & 6 Disc CD Changer
- Bose salon speakers
- Waterproof cockpit speakers
- 21" Sony wall-mounted TV on swing arm in salon
- Sony DVD player in salon
- 15" Sony TV and DVD player in owners' cabin
- Globalstar Satellite phone
- 100 HP Yamar 4JH3-HTBE Turbo Diesel (3,756 hours) - Well maintained and recently serviced
- Reverso oil change pump on 100HP Yanmar, transmission, & generator. Vacuum gauge on engine water separator.
- Onan 9KW Generator with sound shield (very quiet, 3 cycle Kubota engine) – 6,750 hours. Well maintained and recently serviced - NEW heat exchanger 2011. Onan 9KW 9MDKAV-4961108 S/N F010249020 Spec A
- House battery bank modified from original. Now includes a total of 10 batteries (all AGM batteries – NEW in 2015).
- There are additional panels installed inboard of the main AC/DC panel...Xantrex battery monitor, Spectra Watermaker control panel, Acu-gauge Ultra 8 quantity indicator, and extra breaker panel for electronic related systems, solar panel charge indicator.
- Two Battery Chargers: 50 amp Xantrex XC and 100 amp Charles
- All cabin and salon lights are LED
- 42,000 BTU A/C (3 Cruisair units - one NEW in 2011, one NEW in 2015)
- Spectra 400 gallon per day watermaker (fully serviced in 2013): Newport Magdrive 400 S/N: NP400MAG/12V/12V/0905
- Splendide 2000 Washer/Dryer
- Vacu Flush Heads with macerator pump – (fully serviced in 2013)
- 11 gallon water heater (NEW 2013)
- Recessed cockpit instrument panel with hour meter, electric tachometer, engine monitoring & warning system
- Single lever engine control mounted on console
- Bow Thruster - Side Power Thruster SP 95 T with dedicated batteries
- Balmar 110 amp alternator
- 3 blade fixed prop
- PYI dripless stuffing box
- Racor fuel filter
- 50 amp and 30 amp shore power – TWO 50 Amp shore power cords
- Two 12 volt outlets
- Solar panels Kyocera 2 x 260W + 2 x controller - NEW in 2015
- 10 auxiliary batteries AGM 105Ah - NEW in 2015
Sun covers on sails, hatch covers, dodger & bimini and other covers are Sunbrella 4646 (dark blue). Taller, more robust stanchions and bow pulpit like the ones on the newer model 485's. Bottom Paint Feb. 2015.
- Dodger (NEW 2014) & bimini with full cockpit enclosure
- Teak Companionway Custom Doors
- Teak Island Packet cockpit table
- LED light above fold up cockpit table
- Electric winches (2 primary, 1 coach roof)
- Lighthouse 1501 electric windlass
- 25 lb ROCNA (new 2014) with 250' 3/8" chain
- 66 lb. Bruce with 100' 3/8" chain and 200' nylon rode
- Spare 60 lb. CQR anchor
- Saltwater Washdown
- Freshwater Washdown
- Masthead tricolor light
- KATO Arch w/Davits
- AB hard bottomed dinghy with 15HP Honda 4 stroke engine (includes full cover) with electric starter and battery - AB 9VS hard bottomed dinghy Hull XMO18005C111
- Extendo Boom extension for lifting dinghy or heavy items
- Hatch covers
- Cockpit cushions 2011 Sunbrella Captain Navy 4646 (dark blue).
- Stainless Steel Dorades
- Dockline and fender package
- 110% roller furling headsail - 2011
- Roller furling staysail 2011
- Hoyt Boom
- In mast roller furling mainsail 2011
- Asymmetrical Cruising Spinnaker (Red, white, & blue) w/dousing sleeve, snatch blocks, lines, and sail bag.
- Forespar whisker pole and track forward on mast.
- Three Harken electric winches
- Two winch handles
- Winslow 4-man life raft (last serviced Mar. 2014)
- Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Six Type I PFD's
- MOM 8-A (Man overboard package)
- Onboard GPS EPIRB – last serviced 2014
- Jack lines for offshore sailing
- Several Auto inflatable offshore harnesses
- Several offshore tethers for harnesses
- Ditch bag with flares and survival gear
- Honda Motor Carrying Cart
- Magma Trailmate Grill - NEW in 2012
Owner's personal items not listed here are not a part of the sale. Details of this vessel are offered in good faith but we cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. While efforts are made to keep this listing up to date, information provided at the time of listing is subject to change if the vessel is on the market for an extended time. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
SHOWINGS BY APPOINTMENT.
Available to FL licensed brokers on a 50/50 basis - All others contact us for details.