Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Ford Lehman
- Rope Cutter: true
- Model: 2722E
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 85hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Bronze, Folding
- Engine Hours: 2247
1035 Riverside Drive
Palmetto, Florida, US, 34221
This is a boat designed by famous West Coast yacht designer, Bill Lapworth. Her original platform is the CAL 46 center cockpit boats built by Jensen Marine in California.
The mold was extended 3' 6" for a beautiful "sugar scoop" transom that gives the boat a more graceful profile, and a very useful swim platform and dinghy landing. The water line was not extended, nor was the underwater profile changed. The design is a well tested and proven design that has many thousands of miles to it's credit as well as many circumnavigations.
Previously this boat was sailed on the US west coast and Mexico by the first owner.
This vessel was purchased in California, shipped to Florida to be completely refitted and upgraded. The boat has had her teak decks professionally removed and non-skidded, she has had a new Flag Blue Awlgrip paint job, solar panels, new main sail with a stac pak, new windlass and many other improvements.
You will find this boat to be a well built, stable and excellent sailing vessel that will take you anywhere you would like to go in the world. The current owner has invested north of $350,000 since he purchased the vessel and the new owner will benefit from his thoughtful investments for a fraction of the price. She is essentially an almost new boat that is ready to go.
The beautiful all teak interior of "Katherine E" is well done and in excellent condition. The cabin sole is remarkable as it is SOLID teak and holly. It is also in almost perfect condition and in my opinion makes the interior.
Starting forward you will find the V-Berth. It has a nice dressing seat in the middle as well as a hanging locker, storage cabinets below and storage shelves forward.
Moving aft to starboard is the forward head. It has a Vaccuflush head, vanity with a nice scalloped brass sink and shower.
To port across from the head is a comfortable L shaped settee/couch with nice leather upholstery. Outboard there are book shelves and storage.
Going aft a step up will put you in between the galley and a dining nook. The teak dining table has flip out leaves to make it into a table perfect for 4.
The huge galley is to port. It has a unique refrigeration arrangement. Outboard you will find 4 large pullout drawers that are metal and insulated. This will hold all of your food and drinks with easy access and much for efficiently than a typical top loading unit. There is also a large pull out freezer drawer. You will love it! The galley also has a ton of counter space, storage and a beautiful 3 burner galley stove, double stainless sink. All in all one of the best galleys you will ever find on a boat.
Just aft of the dining area is an additional bar/galley work space that sports a trash compactor, ice maker, and sink.
Down the hall will lead you to the spacious owners stateroom with an ensuite head and the navigation station, as well as a double berth fore and aft on the port side. In the owners state room is also a washer/dryer! All you will need to be comfortable sailing the world.
- QuietLine WD805 Washer Dryer unit
- U-Line Ice Maker
- Kitchen Aid Trash Compactor
- Built In Blender
- Glacier Bay Micro 4 Drawer Refrigeration and Freezer
- Princess 3 Burner Stove and Oven
- Nesting Magma Pots and Pans
- Silverware and Knives
- Village Marine Water Maker (18.7 gallons per hour)
- 12V Fans
- Leather Upholstery
- Solid Teak and Holly Cabin Sole
- Screens for all opening ports
- Black out Covers for Aft Stateroom
- Covers for all hatches and windows
- New Cabin Windows
- New Mosquito Screens for Hatches
- New, never used Simrad Evo2 Color Chart Plotter with forward looking sonar!
- Raytheon RL 70 Radar with display in the cockpit and the Nav Station
- Ray Marine DSM 250 Depth Sounder
- Simrad Depth Sounder
- Icom IC-M802 SSB Radio
- Icom IC-502 VHF Radio
- Danforth Constellation Compass in Chrome Binnacle
- Raytheon 300 GPS Plotter at Nav Station
- Raytheon ST 600 R Autopilot
- Ray Marine ST 60 Wind direction and speed
- Guest Galvanic model 2433 Isolator System
- Radar Arch Mounted Ray Dome
- (2) Flat Screen TV's
- Low Hour 12 KW BMZ Genset with Isuzu Engine
- (2) 120 Watt Solar Panels mounted on Radar Arch
- Airex 400 Watt Wind Generator
- New MasterVolt Charging System
- Prosine 1000 Watt Inverter
- (4) 8D Batteries - New 2015
- (2) 30 Amp Shore Power Cables
- Reliable Ford Lehman 85 HP Diesel
- Large Walk In Engine Room
- Reverso Automatic Oil Change System
- Fuel Polishing System with Transfer Pump
- Gori 3 Blade Feathering Prop
- Strong Sure Seal Dripless Packing
- Shaft Spur Line Cutter
- Village Marine 18.7 Gallons Per Hour Water Maker
- Force 10 Stainless 12 Gallon Hot Water Heater
- 300 Gallon Water Tankage!
- U-Line Ice Maker
- Unique Glacier Bay Micro 4 Drawer Refrigeration and Freezer
- New Fully Battened Ullman Main Sail (never used)
- New Stack Pack
- Furlex Roller Furling
- 140% Genoa (3 yrs)
- Cruising Spinnaker
- Spinnaker Chutes (2)
- Storm Sail
- Cutter Rig (not currently rigged but rigging is included)
- Barient Winches
- Winch Rite Power Winch Handle
- Hundreds of Dollars in Shackles, Extra Hardware and Blocks (all new)
- New Dutchman Jibe Preventer
- Aluminum Mast
- Stainless 1/19 Rigging with Norseman Fittings
- Newly Painted Awlgrip Topsides
- Newly Painted Awlgrip House and Decks
- Newly Painted Bottom
- Newly Non-Skidded Decks (excellent!)
- All Bright Work Just Done also excellent!!
- New Cabin Windows
- New Canvas Window and Hatch Covers
- Teak Dorade Boxes
- Stainless Vetus Dorade Vents
- Radar Arch with Dinghy Davits
- Outboard Mount
- Full Keel with New Rudder
- NEW Maxwell Vertical Windlass
- Cockpit controls as well as deck controls
- 250' 1/2" Chain
- (2) 250' Nylon Anchor Rodes
- 2 60KG Bruce Anchors
- 1 Danforth type Fluke Anchor with 200' Chain
- 1 Grapple Anchor
- AA 150 Rode/Chain Counter
- Anchor Washdown
- Viking 6 man life Raft with Canvas Cover in certification
- Life Sling
- Fire Extinguishers
- SOS Boarding Ladder
- Life Jackets
Owner's personal items not listed here are not a part of the sale. Details of this vessel are offered in good faith but we cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. While efforts are made to keep this listing up to date, information provided at the time of listing is subject to change if the vessel is on the market for an extended time. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
SHOWINGS BY APPOINTMENT
Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Brokers not licensed in FL contact office for details.